Show/Hide your navigation bar by Runtime Resource Overlay(RRO)
Android has a boolean for showing navigation bar or not. In
frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/policy/PhoneWindowManager.java from AOSP,
mHasNavigationBar got config from
com.android.internal.R.bool.config_showNavigationBar and can be overwrited by property
In the past, all tours tells people using
qemu.hw.mainkeys to show/hide navbar, but I found that some apps/games will not hide the bar while in fullscreen mode. So I think using this way is better.
This overlay will overwrite
config_showNavigationBar from framework.
- Installer will detect if your device has navbar or not. If you has that then it will install the hidden one.
- The detect script can be found here.
- I only test in 8.0/8.1, but RRO should work after 7.0.
- If it didn’t effect, that means your rom didn’t support it or it add a whitelist for overlay apps.
- If you want to disable hardware key (HOME, BACK, APP_SWITCH), copy your keylayout config from
$MODDIR/system/vendor/usr/keylayoutand delete the line has
This module is not available as a downloadable zip file but you can get it easily from the Magisk App.
- R1: Remove
qemu.hw.mainkeysif OEM used it.
- R2: fix detect script.
- R3: fix cert issue.